Monday, October 6, 2008

You can make money Blogging

When I first started thinking about starting a blog, I didn't think I was 'qualified' to have a blog. Nothing to say, no one to read it. However in my research, I learned that lots of people have blogs that say nothing, so if my blog was about my family, I knew they would read it. I have enjoyed the blogging, more than I thought I would. I've read lots of blogs and people write about weirder stuff than I do. But what surprises me the most is that some people can make a living off writing blogs. Here is an except from an article I found (on a blog):

Last week, the blog search engine Technorati released its 2008 State of the Blogosphere report with the slightly menacing promise to "deliver even deeper insights into the blogging mind." Bloggers create 900,000 blog posts a day worldwide, and some of them are actually making money. Blogs with 100,000 or more unique visitors a month earn an average of $75,000 annually—though that figure is skewed by the small percentage of blogs that make more than $200,000 a year. The estimates from a 2007 Business Week article are older but juicier: The LOLcat empire rakes in $5,600 per month; Overheard in New York gets $8,100 per month; and Perez Hilton, gossip king, scoops up $111,000 per month.

Read entire article here.


$111,000 a month? For real? So what do you think about blogging now? John wants me to do this full-time so he can quit his job and work at a Harley Davidson dealership.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

We can do it together... At home with 5 kids..
Great idea.