Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let's Party!

Luke's birthday party is on Saturday. We had a little party for Kate when she turned one - just family so we thought we would do the same for Luke. However, we now have more cousins and friends with small children, so I wanted to invite a lot more...but we are still keeping it small. That being said, I wanted to have a party outside. Since Luke was born in June and the weather is so nice, we decided to have a "water-themed" party. We will have little pools and sprinklers and slip n slides. YEAH! I can't wait. Luke is not a fan of walking in the grass, so I hope it turns out ok. I thought I would share his invitations...although not my first choice, they turned out nice.
The little submarine is on a spring so it wiggles back and forth.
So Meme is in town and yesterday she picked Kate up to take her to Walmart with her to do some shopping. She told Meme that we needed to buy bubbles for the birthday party. Meme said, "ok, we will!" They finished their shopping and got out to the car when Kate said "WE FORGOT THE BUBBLES!" So Meme being a good person, pushed the cart of groceries and Kate back in to buy bubbles. What? Meme is not the same woman who raised me.

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Can't wait for the party - it will be so cute!

That Meme is crazy. Why didn't she put the groceries in her car first, before going back inside?

The Robinsons said...

you did a good job w/ the invite, it's really cute. can't wait to see pictures of the celebration.

Sarah and Brad said...

What a CUTE invitation!!! And the water party sounds like sooo much fun...chances are Luke will forget about his aversion to the grass. Can't wait to see pictures!!!!

Kristen said...

I love the invitation and that sounds like so much fun for all of the kids!! I am so jealous - I wish one of mine had a summer birthday.