Monday, June 14, 2010

Rainbow Cake

In honor of Kate's dance recital, I wanted to do something special...so I made a Rainbow Cake. I found it on Meg's blog. She makes it in honor of the last day of school, you can see her post here (and step by step pics).


You take two cake mixes and you mix it up according to the directions. To get the vibrant colors, you have to use the Gel food coloring. Divide the mix up in 6 different bowls, then bake each color in a different pan.



Kate really enjoyed this baking project.


John liked it too






ROYGBIV


Here it is with it's icing...we were cutting it and eating it and forgot about the pictures!





Luke really liked it too!


I had some extra batter left over (I didn't do the I, in the ROYGBIV) so I made Kate Pink Cupcakes too.


2 comments:

Kimberley said...

think you might have started a new tradition with the rainbow cake! love it!

Heidi said...

I am so going to make that! How fun!