I'm really loving this book, The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes, that it is really hard to put it down and not read it further. Questions for the discussion this week:
1. Where do you think Tim and Marty are at this point in the story?
I think they are 'underground'. I need to go back and read the first chapter again, but I think they were just then talking about the trial, which would mean they were only recently caught?? I can't remember.
2. What were your thoughts as CeeCee was helping Genevieve deliver her baby?
My first thought was WOW, she is really having this baby! I have been slow putting 1+1 together and I didn't realize that the baby was Corinne until Naomi said she would have to take care of the baby. It was so heartbreaking to me that the mother died. Knowing that the baby would grow up with a mommy and with what CeeCee losing her mother at a young age, I thought she would take the baby to a hospital or to the governor. I didn't think she would keep it.
3. After Genevieve died what would you have done with her baby if you were in CeeCee's shoes?
I guess the exact same thing. She has no one she can lean on. I really knew she would not go to the police and let them know about Tim. I would have probably went to Naomi also.
4. Why do you think CeeCee/Eve is holding onto hope that Tim will come to get her?
Because she is young. She has no idea what she has gotten herself into. Since they are both underground...she thinks they could be together underground.
5. How do you think Eve will establish her new identity in Virginia?
I think she will get that waitress job and meet a guy and fall in love and that will be the only father that Cory ever knows.
6. What do you think of CeeCee/Eve now after she has gone through with the kidnapping, delivery of the baby, the escape and relocation?
It's really hard not to like her. Just looking at the facts and not knowing her....it is an awful thing and I should be mad at her, but this character is so likable. I want her to have the baby and a fabulous life with CeeCee, even though I know that she has a father who is a Governor and siblings and should go home and probably live a better life than being on the 'run and paranoid' all the time.
I really ready to read the rest of the book, I don't know if I can make it :)
7 years ago