Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Memory Lane

Well tomorrow, my baby will be 2 years old! I can't believe it. She is so funny and adorable, don't get me wrong, she can be a firecracker and throw a fit like nobody's business. She is putting several sentences together now and it's so funny. If I hear her say, "Pick Kate up Mommy, put Luke down" once, I've heard it a million times.

2 years ago I went into labor on a cool Sunday evening while watching the World Series, Cardinals were playing. Sissy and Kris had just left. John had made us some Kung Pow Chicken - he had never made it before and hasn't made it since. I wasn't feeling well, but I thought it was the chicken - ha. I started having pains in my back and it didn't stop. I kinda thought I was having a kidney stone. I called the dr. and he said, no I wasn't in labor to take a Tylenol. We didn't have any, so John went to the store to get some. I took it and the pain wouldn't stop. So around 9:30pm we went to the dr. The contractions (still in my back) were about 5 mins apart - I can't remember, John has them recorded on a spreadsheet somewhere.
Once there, it was confirmed that I was in labor, but not dilated, so I stayed there all night - getting the meds and trying to sleep. The next morning, my dr. arrived and started things going. As the labor wore on, the baby was under stress and so they thought it was best to have a c-section. Once that was decided Kate was born shortly after at 11:21am (John remind me). I did not know what her name would be until she was born. She was beautiful!



Day 1

First Birthday

Kate's birthday 2008

Happy Birthday Kathryn Mai Pittman
We love you!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! We love you!!!

Kerri said...

You didn'y give one shout out to your wonderful nurse?