Monday, January 12, 2009

Lite night dinner

For dinner tonight I made a Minestrone Soup. However, this is not a good name for it. It's thicker than a soup and more tomato-y. It's super easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. I stole this recipe from a friend and have tweaked it over the years. Here is my version:

1 lb of hamburger meat, browned

1 can of ro-tel


1 large can of crushed tomatoes - 28 oz.


2 cans of minestrone soup


1/2 c. of elbow macaroni, cooked (John likes the added noodles)


1 can of beans - we leave these out.





Mix all together and simmer. You can add red pepper flakes to make it a little more spicy. You can served in a bread bowl or in my case, I made some grilled cheese out of French bread - they are small and you can eat a lot of them!
Here is a picture of the leftovers.

PS - the tomato soup will be later in the week.

3 comments:

Karen said...

OMG, it looks soooo good! I'm going to steal your recipe!

Jammie said...

Hey Beth, your food looks good. I made Goulash from my Paula Deen cookbook yesterday! It looks alot like your dish.

Jammie said...

Oh, one more thing. I made Minestroni soup last Monday and ate on it all week.