Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weekly update

Luke is trying to crawl - ok he's crawling backwards instead of going forward, so he ends up under a chair, table, but it's something right? I also think he said mama mama today....well that's what I heard. He is such a sweet little boy - he is cutting some more teeth so he's been irritable, but you could tell today he was feeling better.

Since Kate has her cast, she has been trying to crawl also. She is really getting around pretty good. She is scared to try to walk on her leg yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. She was scooting around on her bottom, but today she was on her belly. She wanted me to put her footed pjs on last night, but they won't fit around her cast. So she said - take it off! We explained to her that it has to stay on for a while longer. She thinks it's coming off 'next week'. Sure if next week is March 2.

Here they are enjoying a snack in the kitchen on Kate's Dora couch. She has been enjoying watching lots of tv on the couch and being waited on hand and foot - more so than normal.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness - I cannot even imagine having a 2 year old in a cast. And if Kate is anything like Ava when it comes to those things - drama!! I am thinking of you. And I love the crawling backward stage - the teething not so much.

Kimberley said...

That's a sweet picture of them two! I think she's doing really well with the cast, doesn't seem to be stopping her (too much).

Sarah and Brad said...

Yay Luke!! My mother told me that I learned to crawl and walk by going in reverse.

They look so cute on the little couch together!!