Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Roundup

This has been a long week - remember when I told you I didn't know what day it was, well, the weekend was here and I wouldn't have known, but John didn't go to work on Saturday.

All day Friday I was stuffy, runny nose (how can you be both at the same time?) cloudy head. Finally, by the afternoon, it started letting up. I called John at work and said - I cannot stay in this house another night! We are eating out! Now, the kids weren't feeling great. Their noses were still runny pretty good. So John stayed in with them and I went to eat with a friend. We went to Crabby's. Very good. I had a steak salad - because I'm on south beach (another story).

Saturday we were suppose to go to Grandma Pittman's house then to a pool party at a friend's house. Kate was much better, just a little cough. Luke had green snot and John was starting to feel achy. So we didn't go to Ft. Smith nor to the pool party. We really missed hanging out with all our friends. Kate and I did spend the morning shopping! We had the best time. We've never done anything like that before. We went to the mall, shopped and had lunch. She was so good at lunch, that one lady stopped and asked me how old she was because she was sitting so well and behaving and eating her food.

She was eating all her food because at Mimi's cafe, they give kids "dirt cake" which has worms in it, after they eat. Here she is eating her worm. It was the toughest worm ever, she could not bite it in two.

We then walked over to the merry-go-around. She said she was going to ride a "brown horse" this time. Last time, she picked a bench! John and I laughed because she was riding a bench on the merry-go-around!! She loved the horse this time.
Sunday we went to Mama Pittman's house. The kids swam, played and had a great time. Then we made it back to Rogers to have dinner at Monte Ne Chicken....mmmm. My new neighborhood playgroup invited us and it was so much fun. The food NEVER disappoints and it's fun to meet families in our neighborhood.

I hope you have a great week. I think my kids are finally over their colds. Now it's John's turn!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That is so funny b/c I called my husband last Thursday and said - " I have to get out of here!" He stayed home and I went out - so I totally relate! How fun to go shopping with Kate - I bet she loved it!

Kimberley said...

Glad you had mother / daughter time :)