Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kate & Luke

Today I went to Walmart with my children. Luke fell asleep in the car, so I put him to bed when we got home. He didn't even wake up when I was rigorously washing his hands! After I carried all the groceries in, I told Kate that she needed to take a nap and after she woke up, we would have a snack. She DID NOT want to take a nap. Mommy wants to take a nap, why don't they? She is crying and throwing a fit, I leave her in her crib. Luke wakes up, I feed him. Kate has been in her bed for about 40 mins. I look at her on the monitor and she is playing, so I go in there to get her - here's how it goes down:
I open the door, she is standing in the corner of her crib looking at toys. I startle her. She turns and says:
Kate: I woke up from my nap Mommy!
Me: You did?
Kate: Yeah, I had a good nap! Can I get a snack now?
She never went to sleep.


5 comments:

Kimberley said...

Oh my goodness, those are such PRECIOUS pictures!!!

I love how Kate is talking more and more and carrying conversations with us now. So cute! Love watching her grow.

And of course that liitle chunky moneky is growing too! He's almost 7mos? Can you believe that?

Love them!

Sarah and Brad said...

Adorable pictures!!

Sounds like you had a little stinker on your hands today...cute! My husband read somewhere that girls (yes, only girls)learn to manipulate by one year of age. We're scared...we can already see signs of a little sass-a-frass on our hands..ha!!

Karen said...

Soooo Cute! Gotta love those baby monitors eh? Even Jennah wonders how I know what they're doing sometimes. She doesn't realize I can hear them over Kaylee's baby monitor because I have it hidden in Kaylee's room behind the curtain! She just thinks I have "magical mom powers". Of course I do but that's another story!

Jenna said...

But how can you resist her little face?! Actually, both of their faces :)
Hilarious!

The Robinsons said...

both pictures are so adorable.

sister, i will pray for you that this event is a one time deal. no naps everyday are rough!